Test of English for International Communication
What is TOEIC?
Gateway is an official test center of TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication). GAteway offers customized preparation course depending upon the needs of students thereby helping them to achieve their required results. The course offers instruction on four areas of the test-listening, reading, grammar, and vocabulary. Besides regular class instruction, Gateway also provides daily/weekly practice test to monitor students’ progress.
Why TOEIC® test?
- TOEIC is ETS product.
- TOEIC is easier than IELTS.
- TOIEC is acceptable why all good colleges / universities.
- Majority students now prefer TOEIC Test.
- Gateway is Authorized Testing Center of NTS-ETS for TOEIC.
TOEIC Listening and Reading test
The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is paper-based, lasts approximately 2 hours and comprises 200 questions in listening comprehension and reading. Each section is scored separately on a scale ranging from 5 to 495 points. The total score possible on the test is hence between 10 and 990 points. The TOEIC® Listening and Reading test measures proficiency in English reading and listening skills, at intermediate to advanced levels. It is an objective assessment of competence in business English. This test was redesigned, and a new version launched in 2007, to obtain a better measure of workplace English; accordingly, in the new test:
- Emphasis is on workplace situations
- 4 English accents have been included (Canadian, British, American and Australian)
- The capacity to understand new professional vocabulary is tested
- The capacity to connect information conveyed across multiple sentences is also tested
TOEIC® Speaking and Writing test
In the TOEIC Speaking and Writing test, the two sections of the test are independent of each other and test-takers receive a separate score for each. The Speaking test measures skills such as pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar, and fluency. The Writing test assesses vocabulary and grammar, as well as coherence and organization. The tests include integrated tasks that are reflective of actual English usage in the workplace. The TOEIC Speaking test lasts approximately 20 minutes and includes 11 questions measuring different aspects of spoken English, while the TOEIC writing test lasts approximately 60 minutes and includes eight questions measuring different aspects of writing ability.
The TOEIC® Listening & Reading, Speaking & Writing and Speaking only tests are required by the UK Border and Immigration Agency for visa and work permit purposes.
* Student will need to take both the TOEIC Listening and Reading test and the TOEIC Speaking test. Only the listening and speaking scores are required, but the TOEIC Listening and Reading test is a complete test and must be taken in its entirety.
** Student will need to take both the TOEIC Listening and Reading test and the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests.
The total test duration is around 4 to 5 hours.
- Listening: 50 min
- Speaking: 25 min
- Reading 75 min
- Writing: 70 min
Who should Attend?
TOEIC is designed for academic as well as general purposes. This program is very famous for Spouse Visa. Candidates interested in joining foreign universities, immigration or planning for Spouse Visa should join this program.
- A1 – This certification level is designed for candidates who are applying for Spouse/Partner Visa. In this test, candidate requires to score 60 points in Listening and 50 points in Speaking. Reading and Writing skills are not required for this category.
- B1 – This certification level is designed for candidates who are applying for Skilled Worker (General) category or joining as Students of Non-degree Courses. The candidate must obtain 275 points in Listening, 275 points in Reading, 120 points in Speaking and 120 points in Writing.
- B2 – This certification level is designed for candidates who are applying for Student category for Degree Level programs. The candidate must obtain 400 points in Listening, 385 points in Reading, 160 points in Speaking and 150 points in Writing.
- C1 – This certification level is designed for candidates who are applying for Highly Skilled Workers (General) category. The candidate must obtain 490 points in Listening, 455 points in Reading, 180 points in Speaking and 180 points in Writing.
For TOEIC, Gateway has developed a special curriculum meeting all the test requirements. The curriculum enables coupled with the training from field experts enables the candidate to obtain the desired results.
- For B1 – B
- 1 Month
- 6 Days / Week
- 1.5 Hrs. / Day
- Available in both Morning & Evening shifts.
- For A1
- 1 Week – 6 Days / Week – 1.5 Hrs. / Day
- 2 Weeks – 6 Days / Week – 1.5 Hrs. / Day
- 1 Month – 6 Days / Week – 1.5 Hrs. / Day
- Available in both Morning & Evening shifts.